Monday, January 23, 2012

You Are Going To Think I Am Nuts After This...

It's official. I am applying to Duke Divinity School in an effort to earn my Master of Divinity degree. I arranged for an official campus visit yesterday.


And I'm also applying to Wesley Theological Seminary in Washington, D.C. My buddy Dave is set to finish up in May, and I'm at least familiar with the dormitory setup :)

My decision to pursue such a thing was empowered by the Spirit. It would be blasphemous to suggest otherwise. I wasn't even seriously considering seminary at this time last year. I spent 2011 searching for a professional direction. I would bring up a lot of possible directions to my friends and cohorts, but they never got off the ground.

God is awesome. He moves in mysterious ways. He made me to do this ministry thing in some sort or fashion when He created me 28 years ago. I believe He did. Heck, he called me to ministry in a bar, for crying out loud.

I know that there are challenges ahead for me. I refused to consider private schools in my previous graduate school forays for financial reasons, so how am I going to pay? Will I even get into any seminary given my past? Will I even be a credible minister given my unique personality and interests???

I don't care about that right now. I'm just going to go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment