Thursday, April 12, 2012

sunrise 6-13-2008-sunset 4-6-2012

I accepted a job at Whole Foods Market's Durham store last week.

I actually see this as a personal opportunity. It is weird for me to say this because I have an English degree from Methodist University (I repent of the urge to take a jab at the school), but we unfortunately live in a different America. It would be fun if I moved up at Whole Foods and challenged myself.

I surprise myself when I say that it was difficult to leave the job I had. I've wanted to acheive a better-paying job ever since I arrived at Wal-Mart, and I failed in that endeavor so consistently that I thought the chance would never arrive. The Lord works miracles.

And the Lord is also a great teacher. He used the store to teach me a love for the unloveable and the forsaken. I came to Wal-Mart as a spoiled, selfish knucklehead who believed that he wasn't going to be there a month. I left there with a stronger heart for God and for people.

I am looking forward to my future endeavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment